The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Export a Distribution List

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Export a Distribution List

Postby choja » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:11 am

Hi, I need to be able to export a distribution list so I can use it with MediaChimp. I know there is a contact exporter but i just need to export each distribution list, nothing more, nothing less.

Love CC... When is 5 coming out?
choja

Re: Export a Distribution List

Postby Scott - CC Support » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:48 pm

Thanks for the suggestion and feedback. v5.0 will be released before the end of the year.
Scott - CC Support

Postby Scott - CC Support » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:17 pm

BTW - are you talking about an Outlook distribution list in your contacts? Try opening the list and selecting File > Save As... Save as a text file and import into excel to create a list you can import into MediaChimp.
Scott - CC Support

Postby choja » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:09 pm

Thanks Scott... Ouch that's a messy solution. OK, am trying this now. Any help with managing distribution lists is so important for me... Any tips you could point me at?

Cheers
choja

Postby Scott - CC Support » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:20 pm

I don't know of a good general resource for information on distribution lists, but the Office site generally has good tutorials on these things. I was able to find the info above by googling "export outlook distribution lists". Good luck.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support