The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Inbox views not working properly in Windows 7

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Inbox views not working properly in Windows 7

Postby dougbecker » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:55 pm

Hi,

I just upgraded to a system running Windows 7 (64 bit), and I would dare say that none of the Inbox views are working correctly. Specifically, "Prioritized by Day" and "Prioritized by Week" are not ordering messages by priority as described in http://www.clearcontext.com/views.html. Color coding is happening, but the priorities are all jumbled in the Inbox. I tried both ClearContext->Inbox Views->Reset Current View and ClearContext->Options->Restore Original, but neither had any effect.

Moreover, "Prioritized by Day", "Prioritized by Week", and "Threaded" all seem to be equivalent views, and the "By Date" view is totally useless (I can describe if needed). I'm using Outlook 2007 SP2.

I think something's up with Inbox views on Windows 7. Maybe it's a 64-bit thing. Help?

-doug
dougbecker

Re: Inbox views not working properly in Windows 7

Postby ClearContext Support » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:07 pm

Doug:

We've got quite a few people running Win7, so the problem you are experiencing is not related to the OS. Give Restore Original another shot to double check and see if it works. If it does not, try a thorough removal of the product, then reinstall. Make sure that you install under the same user rights/account that you run Outlook under.

Please confirm that this resolves your issue.
ClearContext Support

Postby dougbecker » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:17 am

Update: I decided to try reinstalling ClearContext (without uninstalling first), and that seems to have fixed things. Perhaps there was a conflict between ClearContext and some other piece of software I installed on my computer after it -- I'll keep an eye out to see if anything else breaks!

In any case, I'd encourage ClearContext to test thoroughly on Windows 7 -- I'm still seeing some odd behavior (e.g. more messages not processed than under XP).

-doug
dougbecker

Postby dougbecker » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:25 am

Sorry, I posted my last reply before I saw that support had responded! As I said, a reinstall (with no uninstall) seems to have cured things, and my hypothesis is that something else that I installed later may have interfered with ClearContext.

In any case, thank you very much for responding (especially on a weekend!) -- it's great to know that ClearContext support is so responsive for a product I rely on so heavily! My humble suggestion would be to continue to track issues on Windows 7. Thanks again.

-doug
dougbecker

Postby ClearContext Support » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:47 am

Thanks for the follow-up. Try adjusting your processing delay to avoid unscored messages. See our FAQ for more detail.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support