The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Backing up settings

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Backing up settings

Postby neilco » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:38 pm

I need to perform a clean install on my laptop and I need to know how to back up my ClearContext configuration so that I may restore Outlook to its current configuration. Can anyone help?
neilco

Transferring ClearContext Settings To a New Computer

Postby brad » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:55 pm

Unfortunately, the v1.0.2 product does not have a settings export function available for transferring clearcontext data to a new setup. This is a feature that we will implement in a future release.

I assume that you are transferring your outlook data to the clean install (either via pst file or an exchange account). If that's the case, all of your contact priorities and topic folders will be transferred as well.

Transferring AutoAssign rules is a little more cumbersome. I recommend that you make a note of the rules you want to replicate in the new setup and re-enter them manually after install. If you have a very large number of AutoAssign rules, please contact me directly and we will try other automated options to get those rules migrated.

Thanks for your interest and please let us know if there's anything we can do to help you with this task.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby neilco » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:21 am

Brad,

I have around 20 auto assignments and 30 topics that I would like to back up. If you can help with some automation of this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Neil
neilco

Check the email account you registered with

Postby brad » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:17 am

I'll be sending you a message with further detail.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby brad » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:26 pm

FYI - for people who stumple across this post, I have an automated way to transfer settings described in our FAQ.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby neilco » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:51 am

Dude, you rock! :)
neilco

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support