The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Problem with Defer Message Specific Date and Time

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Problem with Defer Message Specific Date and Time

Postby JHCallahan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:12 am

I need my deferred messages to always come back to me at 6 a.m. on the date specified. In an older version of ClearContext, I was able to set this as my default and never have to adjust the time.

I'm now using CC 6.2.5 on Outlook 2013, and I can't get the default time to change off of 8 a.m. My workday in Outlook is set to start at 6 a.m. My Outlook reminders default is set to 6 a.m. But CC is not keying off of either of those settings to then use 6 a.m. as the default.

This was one of the most useful features in the older version of CC, so disappointed I can't get it to work. Can anyone advise re: a solution?
JHCallahan

Re: Problem with Defer Message Specific Date and Time

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:02 am

The Defer function does use the default Outlook task reminder time as set in the Outlook->File->Options-Tasks screen. We verified that the Defer screen is both displaying that time in the specific date/time option and using that time in the quick buttons option (1 day, 2 days, etc).

We're not sure why this would be working differently for you. A couple of things to try might be to try changing the Outlook setting to something else and back in case something is not set somewhere. Also, try double checking your time zone settings in Windows.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support