The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Problem with "inbox" vs. "Posteingang" and invalid folders

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Problem with "inbox" vs. "Posteingang" and invalid folders

Postby berndr » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:45 am

Hi.

I installed ClearContext TWC (Outlook 2010, 32bit, using the Zimbra Connector!). I now have two problems I don't get solved myself:

1.) In my german Outlook together with Zimbra my inbox is not named "Inbox" but "Posteingang". I cannot change that. But ClearContext now has created a new folder "inbox", but I would like to use the "Posteingang", otherwise that is totally out of sync with my mobile, the web interface, ... Where can I change that, that ClearContext uses the correct inbox "Posteingang"?

2.) ClearContext scanned all my folders and created a project structure out of it. I really like the assignment of projects, it is pretty easy, waaaay easier than dragging the mails to the old folders. But when I file to such a folder (e.g. "Posteingang\camunda\..I..P\SomeCustomer\") I get an error box saying, that is no valid folder name. This is the error (sorry, German again): Image. It sais: "The name is invalid, it contains at least one invalid character".

Thanks a lot and cheers
Bernd
berndr

Re: Problem with "inbox" vs. "Posteingang" and invalid folde

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:39 am

Although some users have had some success in using Zimbra with ClearContext, it is not a supported configuration. The inbox folder is usually determined through information the Exchange server provides, but it appears that Zimbra is not providing this information - so it is defaulting to "Inbox".
ClearContext Support

Postby berndr » Mon May 02, 2011 12:55 am

Hi Support.

That means we cannot use it with Zimbra or you do not plan to support that? Actually I was thinking to use it as a company standard, but that's a show stopper (okay, we are "just" 15 people, maybe a too small fish ;-))... Can you provide technical information what is missing from Zimbra (e.g. field/object names in Outlook)? Than I can ask our Zimbra Support for this...

And it seems the localization is the bigger problem: Most filters does not work, since they refer to the English attributes, but should use the German ones. I had to adjust this as well... Didn't you have these problems in non English installations?

Thanks
Bernd
berndr

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon May 02, 2011 10:59 am

I do not know if we will ever have official support for Zimbra as supporting another platform is a major commitment. However, I will try to help as much as I can. Send me an email by getting to the ClearContext->About dialog, and pressing the email support button. This will allow me to see some details of your configuration.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support