The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Problems installing the product

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Problems installing the product

Postby smyth_david » Fri May 23, 2008 2:24 am

Hi,

I've been having a problem installing the product. I'm using Vista and Outlook 2007 (using Exchange, as well as POP), but am getting the error message that the .exe file is not a valid Win32 application.

Can you help?

Thanks,
David
smyth_david

Postby brad » Fri May 23, 2008 9:49 am

Sorry you are having trouble right out of the gate. This indicates that the installer is corrupted/ was not completely downloaded. Clear your browser cache (Tools > Internet Options and press Delete... under Browsing History, then press Delete files...) and re-download the file. Save it to your hard drive and launch from there.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby smyth_david » Fri May 23, 2008 12:49 pm

I did as you suggest, but now get this message when I look to download again:

We're sorry, but all download attempts have been used for this invitation code. Please contact beta at clearcontext dot com for further assistance.
smyth_david

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri May 23, 2008 2:19 pm

It looks like you signed up under a different name? Please let me know if you were able to successfully download.
ClearContext Support

Postby smyth_david » Fri May 23, 2008 2:24 pm

Yes, I managed to dodge my way around the issue eventually, and have just installed the product.

Thanks for the proactive support.

Is the Beta a 30 day trial, or what's the deal going forward?

Thanks again,
David Smyth
smyth_david

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri May 23, 2008 2:48 pm

We have two different products - ClearContext Personal and ClearContext IMS Professional. You are running the beta of ClearContext Personal, which is free of charge. We'll give you a chance to trial the professional product at a later date if you're interested.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support