The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Projects Suddenly Being Associated with My Archive PST

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Projects Suddenly Being Associated with My Archive PST

Postby chrisrizzo » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:00 am

Hi,

I have my regular business PST that all my incoming email comes to and all my filing is done to. I also have the archive PST loaded in Outlook and that's where I archive year old email. The problem is that recently ClearContext started associating my projects with the Archive PST instead the regular one. So now when I select a project to auto file an email it goes into the Archive instead of the main PST. I have no idea why it does this or how to fix it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris
chrisrizzo

Re: Projects Suddenly Being Associated with My Archive PST

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:22 pm

ClearContext uses all of your PST mail files for Projects by default. If there is a mail file such as your archive PST that you do not want to use, go to ClearContext->Options and uncheck that mail file.
ClearContext Support

Postby chrisrizzo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:54 am

Thanks, that seems to have helped.

One follow up question I have, and maybe this is more an observation, but it seems that the settings in ClearContext have a tendency to change by themselves, I don't muck with them (at least no knowingly) yet I end up with problems and have to fix settings. This above is an example of that.

It's frustrating.
chrisrizzo

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:10 am

The settings shouldn't change on their own. However, if you haven't explicitly set certain options, it is possible that between different versions of ClearContext there are slightly different default settings. Also, when mail files are added to Outlook, as in your case, they may default to being enabled for filing.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support