The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Provide a 'default priority' option on rules

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Provide a 'default priority' option on rules

Postby rcollings » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:14 pm

I suspect I have posted about this before but it is the one significant thing that is a problem for me with Clear Context (which overwise is brilliant)

By way of context, here is the situation. I have hacked a ClearContext view so that it only shows emails of normal prioity and above. This has made a major impact on my productivity because I just don't see (and get distracted by) all the newsletters, etc. that arrive during the day. I then typically check all my emails once or twice a day for a) anything of significance that didn't get prioritised sufficiently highly and b) any newsletter dealng with a topic that that is of interest.

The area where the problem lies is as follows..

I deal with a small number of largish client organisations and what I would like to do is make sure that any email from these client domains gets prioritised sufficiently highly that it appears in my filtered view.

However, I also want to use Clear Context's prioritisation algorithms for prioritising these messages based on the sender, thread priority. etc because these work well for me for my correspondence with my normal contacts at these clients.

Therefore I can't set up a rule for these client domains which sets a priority because this overrides the ClearContext priority settings.

This means that when I get an email from somebody new at one of these clients (as I did today), it gets a priority over which I have no control (and a therefore a priority which means it does not appear in my filtered view).

So what I need is a rule which says 'Anything from this domain which has not had a priority set by any of the other mechanisms (eg membership of a thread, or from a contact with a priority set, etc) should have this default priority assigned (eg normal) which would ensure it appears in my filtered view.

I would less worried that important emails were being filtered out
Richard
London, UK
CC V6.0.1+ Outlook 2010 + Windows 7 + POP3
rcollings

Postby brad » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:17 pm

Brad Meador
brad

Postby rcollings » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:36 pm

Ooops: your memory/personal information management system is better than mine!

The problem with this solution is that it requires Outlook2003 onwards and I am still stuck on Outlook 2002.

Also, it is would have the effect of giving a normal priority to every email from an unknown address - whereas what I really want is just to do this for emails from a specific domain.
Richard
London, UK
CC V6.0.1+ Outlook 2010 + Windows 7 + POP3
rcollings

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support