The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Purpose of filing email when creating task

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Purpose of filing email when creating task

Postby murryc » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:00 pm

I have been using the demo of pro for the past couple of weeks and started to see a possible point of confusion. I convert a majority of my emails to tasks and have the email filed. I then work from the task list to complete the request (email). Once completed, I have to open the filed email and delete it as well. All of my deleted emails are saved and archived according to Outlook settings.

My question....

What it my purpose in filing the email when the a copy of the email is actually placed within the task? I can open and reply to the email from within the task if I need to ask more details or to notify the sender that the task has been completed. I am working from the task, but I am having to delete the original email once I complete the task.

What is the purpose of filing the original email? If the purpose is just for archiving, then the email will always be the in the deleted folder if I need to find it.

What is the normal train of thought on the filing?
murryc

Re: Purpose of filing email when creating task

Postby Scott - CC Support » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:22 pm

What it my purpose in filing the email when the a copy of the email is actually placed within the task? I can open and reply to the email from within the task if I need to ask more details or to notify the sender that the task has been completed.

It boils down to personal preference, but many people want all emails related to a subject grouped together in a single folder for easy reference.
Scott - CC Support

Postby murryc » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:53 pm

Thanks for the quick reply post.

Do you mean that they want many users always keep the emails in the topic folders instead of deleting them? So in essence, the topic folders can be looked at like archive folders? I am trying to wrap my brain around the most logical way of using the software so that I do not create a bigger mess for myself ;) Are these users just relying on the topic folders when they need to search for old emails, and then they just rely on the tasks for daily work?
murryc

Postby Scott - CC Support » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:31 pm

Do you mean that they want many users always keep the emails in the topic folders instead of deleting them?

Yes.

So in essence, the topic folders can be looked at like archive folders?

Yes.

I am trying to wrap my brain around the most logical way of using the software so that I do not create a bigger mess for myself ;) Are these users just relying on the topic folders when they need to search for old emails, and then they just rely on the tasks for daily work?

Yes.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support