The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Putting Sent Emails Under a Topic in the Outlook Inbox

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Putting Sent Emails Under a Topic in the Outlook Inbox

Postby edreece » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:33 pm

Steve,
One last time.

I send you an email. Before I hit the send button, the topic I chose is Clear Context. Then I hit the send botton. The email is on its way to you.

I go to my Outlook inbox two days, and 20 emails later that have been place in the Clear Context folder,and click on the Clear Context folder to look for the email I sent to you. There is nothing in the Clear Context folder that says "To Steve." So I have to open every email in the Clear Context folder until I find the email I sent to you. Try this in your Outlook. Send an email to Ed Reece and assign it to a topic in your inbox. Thne go to your inbox. Look into the topic folder to which you assigned the email to Ed Reece. You will not see 'TO: Ed Reece."

How can the above problem be eliminated?
Here is my toll free number 888-279-7776.
I would like to ge an answer that addresses the problem rather than continuing to trade posts with you.

Why can't the email I sent to you and assign to a Clear Context topic in my inbox say "To; Steve?
edreece

Re: Putting Sent Emails Under a Topic in the Outlook Inbox

Postby Scott - CC Support » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:40 pm

Ed:

That's not the behavior we are seeing, which is why I asked for screen prints so that I can take a closer look. Please go to ClearContext > About > Email Support and send screen prints depicting the problem. To take a screen print:

1. Get focus on the window that you want to send
  2. Press ALT-PrintScreen
  3. Open ClearContext > About > Email Support
  4. Click on the body of the message
  5. Press CTRL-V to paste the screen print into the reply

Include screen prints of your folders showing the problem and the Topic Options dialog at ClearContext > Options > Preferences > Topic Options.

Thanks for your patience as we troubleshoot.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support