The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Question: Group by thread, sort and group by date ...?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Question: Group by thread, sort and group by date ...?

Postby manicdog » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:37 am

Not sure how to set this up... It's a lot like the "group by conversation" in outlook, but would have it by thread and date. Am I missing something?
manicdog

Postby brad » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:48 pm

To be clear, when you say "Group By" I assume you mean having a collapsible group (+/-) within your Inbox view. If you don't need the collapsible grouping on conversations, the ClearContext Threaded view is what you want - messages are ordered by received date with messages in a conversation side by side.

There's no way to sort by date and group by conversation within Outlook. Unfortunately, when you apply grouping by conversation or thread, so you can only sort alphabetically. You could group by date with a sub-group by conversation, but within each date range, conversations would be listed in alphabetical order. That would look like this:

+/- Week 1
    +/- A Conversation
    +/- B Conversation
    etc.
+/- Week 2
    +/- A
etc.

Using ClearContext priorities, you could insert a third grouping by priority, so you could see your view grouped by date/ grouped by Priority/ grouped by Conversation. But I don't think this is what you are asking for.

This limitation is exactly why we designed the Threaded view. It allows you to see your Inbox in date order with all messages in a thread side by side. It's the best way to see your messages in received order without breaking up conversations.

Please let me know if this makes sense/ if you have further questions.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support