The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Really Missing E-mail prioritization from 4.X

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Really Missing E-mail prioritization from 4.X

Postby dgorecki » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi guys,

I think I've been really good at giving 5.X a chance, but one of the things I'm missing the most is e-mail prioritization.

I get 100's of emails a day, and being able to give different priorities based on whether it's "to me" vs "CC'd, participation in a thread, who it's from, etc., really helped me tackle the emails that were important.

Is there ANY chance that this will be put back into CC?

Please?!
dgorecki

Re: Really Missing E-mail prioritization from 4.X

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:46 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

I get 100's of emails a day, and being able to give different priorities based on whether it's "to me" vs "CC'd, participation in a thread, who it's from, etc., really helped me tackle the emails that were important.

Most of these are available in v5.1:
  • Enable/disable the prioritization of CC'd messages via ClearContext > Options
  • Messages from new/unknown contacts are not marked CC OK unless you participate in the conversation
  • Contact prioritization remains a core component of email prioritization

FYI - We will better expose the ability to mark/unmark high priority messages in v5.2.
ClearContext Support

Re: Really Missing E-mail prioritization from 4.X

Postby deva » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Our goal is to move towards something closer to Google's "Priority Inbox" feature where the system learns from your behavior which of those criteria are most important to you by a combination of your actions and actively marking items up/down in importance. If we succeed at this, we'll have the power and flexibility of the 4.x style prioritization with the simplicity of 5.x. We're taking some very initial steps in this direction w/ 5.2, but we'll still be a ways away from achieving that goal. I anticipate each release moving forward to enhance the way we identify important messages for you. Understanding what types of messages can be prioritized better will be a big part of the 5.2 beta feedback process for us.
deva

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support