The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Recommend upgrade from Outlook 2002/SP3 to Outlook 2003?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Recommend upgrade from Outlook 2002/SP3 to Outlook 2003?

Postby Rex8737 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:48 am

Is there any advantage in either FEATURES or STABILITY in using ClearContext with Outlook 2003 ... rather than Outlook 2002/SP3? Thanks much,
Rex
Rex8737

Postby brad » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:04 pm

v2 CC functionality is virtually the same in XP and 03. There are no major advantages gained in upgrading.

This likely won't be the case for Office 2007 - due out later in the year. We will update our product plans and post them on our weblog soon, but our made for Office 2007 version is likely to have some functionality that is not available in other versions of Outlook.

Rex - are you experiencing any CC stability issues in Outlook XP? If so, please make sure you are running CC v2 rather than v1 - this may have an impact.

Thanks.
Brad Meador
brad

Thanks, Brad!

Postby Rex8737 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:13 pm

Thanks for the quick response, Brad. No - no issue about instability - I certainly don't mean to imply that. I have not in fact installed ClearContext yet... I just wanted to know the big picture issue of whether it might also be helpful to upgrade Outlook. So I liked your reply! Thanks also for the comments about the Outlook to be released later this year - No surprise there since it will be a major upgrade.
Best,
Rex
Rex8737

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support