The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Rename ClearContext Special Folders required in version 6

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Rename ClearContext Special Folders required in version 6

Postby psale » Tue May 15, 2012 9:36 am

In this forum topic the following ClearContext Special folders are identified as being required for proper operation by the version of CC available in December 9, 2010:
    ClearContext Autofiled
    ClearContext Deferred
    ClearContext Unsubscribed
Is this list current and complete for CC version 6? If the answer is "yes", then can I "safely" rename these folders to something like the following:
    CC Autofiled
    CC Deferred
    CC Unsubscribed
I'm trying to more effectively use my available screen width by shortening these folder names a bit.
psale

Re: Rename ClearContext Special Folders required in version

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue May 15, 2012 2:55 pm

The list you mentioned from Dec 2010 with the folders prefixed by "ClearContext" are still the ones in use with ClearContext v6. I'm afraid there is no way to rename them. If you do so, the "ClearContext" folders will be automatically created again and the renamed ones will be ignored.

One change in v6 however is that the folders do not need to exist if you don't use the feature associated with those folders. If you don't think you need all of those folders, you can safely delete them and they will automatically be recreated if the feature that needs them is used.
ClearContext Support

Postby psale » Tue May 15, 2012 6:50 pm

Dear Support,
I use CC Autofile and Defer all the time, so I will just keep the two folders required to support those two CC features. However, I have never used unsubscribe, so I will delete it for now (and maybe forever).

Many thanks for your prompt and detailed answer.
psale

Postby Djblois2 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:18 am

Can you please change the name of the Folders to CC * and the name or let the user name it themselves. The current name for all the folders is way too long.
Djblois2

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:30 am

thanks for the suggestion, we will consider it for a future release.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support