The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Rescoring doesn't change color

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Rescoring doesn't change color

Postby sriley » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:54 am

When I change the priority of a contact from Normal to Very High, and it rescores my inbox, shouldn't all the emails from that contact change from green text to red text? They don't.

Help!
sriley

Re: Rescoring doesn't change color

Postby Scott - CC Support » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:53 am

As a rule, they should, but there's a few reasons why that might not happen:

1. If you previously set a manual priority, messages won't be updated by Contact Priority.

2. If the contact you are setting uses more than one email address, you may have set the priority for one email address but not the other. Combine all email addresses into one contact record to resolve.

3. When moving priority down for a contact, if another contact in that conversation thread has a higher priority, the thread will remain at the highest priority.

Does this sound like the source of your issue?
Scott - CC Support

Postby sriley » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:58 pm

Scott - CC Support wrote:As a rule, they should, but there's a few reasons why that might not happen:

1. If you previously set a manual priority, messages won't be updated by Contact Priority.

2. If the contact you are setting uses more than one email address, you may have set the priority for one email address but not the other. Combine all email addresses into one contact record to resolve.

3. When moving priority down for a contact, if another contact in that conversation thread has a higher priority, the thread will remain at the highest priority.

Does this sound like the source of your issue?

Unfortunately not.

I have made sure that all Message priority is set to auto. They aren't using more than one email address. No one was cc'd on these emails.

Hmm...
sriley

Postby Scott - CC Support » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:10 pm

Try forcing a rescore of the Inbox and see if the issue is resolved. ClearContext > Options > Scoring. Adjust a slider and Apply to the Inbox,
Scott - CC Support

Postby sriley » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:02 pm

Scott - CC Support wrote:Try forcing a rescore of the Inbox and see if the issue is resolved. ClearContext > Options > Scoring. Adjust a slider and Apply to the Inbox,

Nope, doesn't work. Wish I could do a gotomeeting with you so you could see for yourself and troubleshoot. I'd love your product if I could get it to work...

And I have setup the secondary store so my primary is my main mail inbox (Exchange) and my secondary is my Personal Folders. When I move the color coded email to my Personal Folder, it does not retain its color. And I am not able to use "Inbox / Views" or change the view to a Context view (none of the four that show up in my main inbox show up) in my Outlook menu down on my personal folders either.

I wish I could do a clean uninstall and start from scratch. It was working fine when I first installed it...
sriley

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:39 pm

Open an affected message. Right click the sender. Select Look up Outlook Contact. What's the priority on that contact record? Does it match the message priority?
ClearContext Support

Postby flavarite » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:49 pm

I'm having this same issue...probably user error. I tried unistalling and re-installing but that didn't work. Example...I have one email from a colleague of mine where it was sent to me from him directly...no one else on the email. I checked to make sure I only have one contact setup for him in my contact list...priority of his contact card is set to NORMAL. I tried rescoring several times but it continues to leave his email RED. Only way I could get it to change from RED to something else...was to manually change the Message Priority in the email to LOW from AUTO.

I'm wondering if it has to do with the way the Scoring Options are configured in the OPTIONS of CC. All of mine are set to the middle (between LESS and MORE) on the slider bar. The only one that's not...is the last one for Processing Delay...it's set to third notch from the left.

Any help is appreciated. I had just gone through all my contacts and set their priorities manually...then did the rescore. Nothing changed.

Thanks,
Bill
flavarite

Postby flavarite » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:02 pm

Out of curriousity...I'm wondering if my CC-ThreadScore conditions are set correctly in the Automatic Formatting options...I just noticed this is where the color coding comes from.

Current Settings (I haven't changed these)

1) CC-HighPriority is at most -125
2) CC-MediumPriority is between -124 and -60
3) CC-NormalPriority is between -59 and -16
4) CC-LowPriority is at least 17

That's all I have...also I tried moving the slider bars all the way to the left (for each) and rescoring in the scoring options. I had the check box set to rescore the inbox as well. The message colors didn't change...i then tried moving them all to the right...they stayed the same as well. Nothing seems to change the color of the message other than manually setting the priority of the message in the email itself.

Bill
flavarite

Postby Scott - CC Support » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:45 pm

What folder are you in? Rescoring is only going to affect messages in the primary Inbox.
Scott - CC Support

Postby flavarite » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:20 pm

I'm in my inbox
flavarite

Postby Scott - CC Support » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:07 pm

In that case, here's what I suspect is going on. Either a manual priority has been set on most of your messages OR the thread priority floor has been increased to the point that the scoring on existing messages won't change. When a message in a thread arrives, ClearContext automatically sets a priority floor for the entire conversation that is equal to the highest priority contact in the conversation. So if you receive a message from a Very High priority contact (red) all messages in the conversation will be marked as Red. That's set in stone at this point for this conversation, even if you adjust scoring parameters or change your contacts' priority to Very Low.

Example:

Message AAA comes from John, who is set as a Very High Contact. Message AAA is marked as Red.

You change John's contact priority to Very Low. Message AAA is NOT adjusted - it is still using the priority floor of Very High.

Now message BBB arrives from John - this one should be marked as Very Low or Low. Now if you change his Priority to Very High, this message will marked as Very High.

Please send additional questions my way.
Scott - CC Support

Postby flavarite » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:35 am

Thanks...here's my situation.

1.) Co-worker A is currently set to HIGH as her contact priority.
2.) I receive the "first" email from her and it's sent directly to me and nobody else.
3.) It's in my primary inbox and is marked in RED.
4.) I then change her contact priority setting to NORMAL
5.) I rescore my inbox.
6.) The same message is still RED...I expected it to change to GREEN.

Thanks...I have 300+ emails in my inbox right now and most of them are showing RED. I finally had a chance to manually set all of my priorities on all my contacts and was hoping it would change all the existing messages to match the correct color against their new priorities.

Note - I have "never" manually set the message priority or contact priority. With the exception of one email...and that was to see if that was the only way I could get the color to change (setting the same email above to LOW message priority made it change to gray...I changed it back to AUTO and it went back to RED).
flavarite

Postby Scott - CC Support » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:42 am

1.) Co-worker A is currently set to HIGH as her contact priority.
2.) I receive the "first" email from her and it's sent directly to me and nobody else.
3.) It's in my primary inbox and is marked in RED.
4.) I then change her contact priority setting to NORMAL
5.) I rescore my inbox.
6.) The same message is still RED...I expected it to change to GREEN.

Because of the Priority Floor described above, I expect this message to remain RED. However, if you receive a new message from this contact I expect it to appear in the lower priority.
Scott - CC Support

Postby flavarite » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 am

I think that explains it...I'm hoping throughout today's incoming emails I can verify that. I'll let you know.
flavarite

Postby dgorecki » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:20 pm

I had the same issue where some items are remaining red even when their scores indicate they should be another colour. But I found my problem.... those emails were flagged, so due to windows settings, those flagged messages are automatically set to red. If I clear the flag, it changes to the right colour.

Maybe that's the issue for others as well?
dgorecki

Next

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support