The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Same Thread-ID, but different Thread-score?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Same Thread-ID, but different Thread-score?

Postby dgorecki » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:47 pm

I've had this problem using OL2003 and now OL2007. I find that emails in the same thread are not sorted together. The view config is fine, sorted by Thread-Score, and then Thread-ID. If I add these columns to the view, I see that the Thread-ID's are the same (as expected), but they have different thread-scores. I would assume they should be the same, no?

Thanks for your help
dgorecki

Re: Same Thread-ID, but different Thread-score?

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:38 pm

Force a rescore via ClearContext > Options > Scoring. Does the problem go away?

If so, I expect this issue is the result of conflicts generate from running Outlook on multiple machines or devices? To mitigate, make sure that you close down Outlook on one PC before opening on another.
ClearContext Support

Postby dgorecki » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:20 am

Thanks, forcing the re-scoring works, but still not sure what caused it. I only run Outlook on one machine, though I do have a Blackberry.
dgorecki

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:49 am

If it happens a lot, try adjusting your processing delay to the right. Details here.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support