The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Setting ClearContext Topic Programatically

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Setting ClearContext Topic Programatically

Postby phammond » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:09 am

I wrote an addin for Outlook 2007 that allows my team to uniformly create out of office notifications - it lets you select a date range, and select whether you are on vacation, working from home or away on business, and a few other details. Then it puts an entry in your own calendar to block out the time appropriately, sends a calendar entry to an alias to inform others of your OOF and sends an email to another alias for those who want to know but don't want the calendar entry!

Actually, all of that is irrelevant to my question, but now I've typed it I'll leave it there... :-)

I was wondering if I can programmatically set the ClearContext topic for these items before I send them? It is a VSTO C# project.

Thx.
phammond

Postby brad » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:17 pm

There's not a way to do this programatically. Could you workaround by manipulating the drop down if an inspector is used, or moving the sent message to the topic folder to trigger an assignment?
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support