The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Shared Folders

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Shared Folders

Postby Simon Dore » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:01 am

What I'd really like to do is have a number of user groups in my organisation use Clear Context to manage email traffic and filing. Ideally I want each group to have access to the same (Clear Context) folders so that if a manager files one of his emails his PA or assistant or colleagues can see the folder, catch up on the recent emails and can add to it when they also correspond regarding the same subject.

Obviously each user would have their own licence and each group would have to agree their filing hierarchy.

I have tried to make the Clear Context folder public but I can't seem to do find a way to do this, is it possible?

(I love the system by the way)

Thanks

Simon
Simon Dore

Shared Folders

Postby brad » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:51 pm

Simon:

Thanks for the kind words and feedback. A shared folder scenario like you describe has been suggested before. I like the idea and we will be adding this functionality to the product. Unfortunately, I can't give an estimate at this time on when we would build it, but we will be able to provide a better idea about this after our upcoming 2.0 release.

In the meantime, check our product plan here. We will be updating this as soon as we get v2 released.
Last edited by brad on Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad Meador
brad

Shared Folders

Postby Simon Dore » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:07 am

OK, it's good to know that I'm on to something although disappointing not to know when it might happen.

With your experience of native Outlook and Clear Context is there any way I can cobble together some rules to do this in the interim?

Thanks

Simon
Simon Dore

Postby brad » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:05 am

I have poked around the last couple of days on this, but I haven't figured out a way to make a hack to do this. If you come up with anything, please let me know.

Best Regards.
Brad Meador
brad

Poking around..

Postby Simon Dore » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:19 am

now there's a challenge!

Simon
Simon Dore

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support