The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Slow to Open Email from Topic with Lots of Emails

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Slow to Open Email from Topic with Lots of Emails

Postby ventureq » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:23 pm

Sorry, couldn't think of a better way to phrase this problem than what I put in the subject.

Basically let's say I have a Topic called "New Members" and so far my website has 6,000 "new members". Well now whenever I try to view any of these New Member emails it takes about 45 seconds or more to load the email. I mean, I click on it and I see the body in my preview pane but I can't scroll and outlook virtually freezes until it's done "loading".

To me it seems this is probably due to the RelatedView functionality. I would assume it's doing some sort of scanning of all those 6,000 other emails in the topic or something of that nature.

Any ideas on why this might be happening and how I can fix it? It kills my workflow when I have to stop using email for nearly a minute just for it to load.
ventureq

Re: Slow to Open Email from Topic with Lots of Emails

Postby Scott - CC Support » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:14 pm

If you minimize RelatedView does the problem go away?
Scott - CC Support

Postby ventureq » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:04 am

Yes! Unbelievable. :-)

Thanks.

I wasn't aware that minimizing in one email would make that the default in emails from that point on. Very cool.
ventureq

Postby Scott - CC Support » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:34 am

I'm pleased to hear that that helped. FYI - we plan to implement streamlined loading of the RelatedView in the future, which will minimize the impact of the issue you were seeing.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support