The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Task>Category - Not in Master Category List?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Task>Category - Not in Master Category List?

Postby JohnG » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:37 pm

I'm a little confused. I am using 3.0 RC1 and set up a Topic for an email in my inbox. If I look at it, it shows "[xxx]' where "xxx" is the Topic name I chose.

OK. I know that an Outllook category gets created for a topic with the standard ClearContext settings. So I went to "Categorize/All Categories" in Outlook 2007 to see if there was a category for the item. There is - but it says"not in Master Catalog List". Also nothing can be set for the category (color, etc.) - nor can it be deleted.

Is this by design or is there a problem?
JohnG

Postby brad » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:05 pm

CC doesn't automatically add the category to the Master Categories List. Assuming you are running Outlook 2007, right click the category color next to the message in the Inbox, select All Categories, highlight the new category and click New to assign a color and add the category to the master list. If you want to manually remove the category, right click and select "Clear All Categories"
Brad Meador
brad

Postby JohnG » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:24 pm

Thanks Brad.

I never thought to say New for an item already in the list. I did what you said and it worked like a charm.

Is there some reason why CC does not do this automatically? Will this be changed in a later release?

(PS I did not expect to see a reply so quickly. You are really on it.)
JohnG

Postby brad » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:01 pm

I will add your request to the list, though I don't have an estimate for when we might get to it. Thanks for your suggestion.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support