The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Task view - history - error message (no item is available ..

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Task view - history - error message (no item is available ..

Postby pkiszk » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:14 am

Hello,

I am testdriving ClearContext and came accross error message: "No item is available to open for this entry" when I click an item in History at the bottom of a task. For example I reply to an email (which was later a followup for example), the reply is recorded in History but the double click does not open the reply email. Only the error message occurs.

Any solution to this ?

regards, Przemek
pkiszk

Postby brad » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:38 am

What is the Activity listed in the history for this particular item? I suspect you are trying to open from a line item that denotes action rather than a particular message. Switch to the Related Tab to ensure that you are looking at openable messages only.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby pkiszk » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:17 pm

Hello,

I am clicking "Message Received". It looks like a legitimate email that should open after clicking. I can imagine that there is no action for "Topic Assigned" but the email should open. It is not visible in "Related" view though.

What is interesting, some of the messages with Activity tag "Reply sent" open the reply email and in different tasks such emails do not open (and generate the error message).

Maybe it is related to the way the task was created ? By 'follow up' or 'Task' button ?

regards, Przemek
pkiszk

Postby brad » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:42 pm

"Message Received" is simply a time stamp, letting you know what time a message in the thread was received. It should correspond to a message in the Related Tab, which can be opened. "Reply Sent" should behave similarly. Think of the History view as an audit trail showing things that have happened in the thread while the Related View is ultimately showing all openable messages in the thread.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support