The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Things seem very quite in here

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Things seem very quite in here

Postby rcollings » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:18 am

Just thought I would check in to see what was going on as I hadn't seen any recent blog postings in my inbox. And sure enough nothing blogged or tweeted since March. And no new releases. Just wondering what is going on.
Richard
London, UK
CC V6.0.1+ Outlook 2010 + Windows 7 + POP3
rcollings

Re: Things seem very quite in here

Postby ClearContext Support » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:54 am

Just taking a breather after our flurry of releases earlier this year. We released 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4 in the first half of this year. This time around we will likely be on our more typical 6+ month cycle before another release. Also, we are working on enhancements to our Connect program which we will announce at a later date.
ClearContext Support

Postby rcollings » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:27 pm

Can you say any more about this Connect program - not seen mention of it previously.
Richard
London, UK
rcollings

Postby JoeAtTrends » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:34 am

Just a note, version 5.4.4 was released. Appears they didn't update their Update page but did update the support page, and the download links everywhere (those always really point to the same file, the file name is never adjusted to reflect the version)

Probably not many changes, just stability, although the change logs have never really been provided in great detail. On this release they also stopped digitally signing it, so I don't know when it was actually finished.

I also wasn't monitoring the support page for modifications so I don't know when the file was put out there.
JoeAtTrends

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:27 pm

rcollins: the Connect program is the subscription for upgrades, priority support and priority access to pre-release software.

v5.4.4 was a minor update released in mid June. We tend not to draw attention to these minor updates unless we feel that users should proactively update to a newer release.

Thanks for pointing out that the executable was not signed. That was an oversight and will be corrected. The components within however are signed, so this should not cause anyone that downloaded it any issues.
ClearContext Support

Postby JoeAtTrends » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:04 pm

no problem on the catch, and sorry for my prying eyes.

I have used the signature date to identify differences in the files, I continually monitor for changes to the binary hoping that some of the issues/features have finally been fixed/added.

This connect program sounds interesting, subscription sounds like more $ though, is it a beta program, with added rewards for providing free testing and feedback? or is it a pro plus support service?

You have me intrigued now, like rcollings.
JoeAtTrends

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:22 am

The Connect program has actually been around for some time. The primary benefit up to now has been the included software upgrades, and moving forward we intend to enhance the other aspects of the program.

What are your top issues/features that you are hoping for action on?
ClearContext Support

Postby rcollings » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:46 am

Still feels very quiet here. Its now six months since the last release and there is no sign of any new developments. Don't have a good feeling about this.
Richard
London, UK
rcollings

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:35 am

Hang in there, we plan to start talking about v6 in the coming months. We still have the Connect enhancements in the pipeline as well, though we may hold off until the v6 announcement to launch them.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support