The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Topic Assignment

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Topic Assignment

Postby cdkennedy » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:56 am

When I have an email open and try to assign a topic to it, and file it, it won't take.

I've tried entering the Topic (either a new Topic or existing), pressing enter and clicking "File". Nothing happens. When I return to the Inbox, no topic has been assigned.
This happens 8 out of 10 times. Occassionally it will work as advertised. I have not been able to identify what, if anything I'm doing differently when it works vs when it doesn't.

I'm using OL 03 and XP Pro.

Craig
Craig Kennedy
cdkennedy

This is a known problem

Postby brad » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:10 am

The bad news is that this is a known issue with the software. It's related to this problem:

http://www.clearcontext.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38

Though in the case you describe it fails silently.

The good news is that this will be fixed in our next release, which we will get out the door within the month. I will post here when the new version is available.

Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention and your patience as we eliminate the problem.
Brad Meador
brad

v1.1 is Available

Postby brad » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:30 am

We have completed testing and posted v1.1 which addresses this issue. For more detail see this post.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support