The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Trying to install V5 - Clearcontext.msi invalid

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Trying to install V5 - Clearcontext.msi invalid

Postby hzjpmp » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:41 pm

I run the set-up and it prompts me for the location of the .msi file - I point it to the .msi file in the temp directory and it tells me the .msi is "not a valid installation package for the product ClearContext"

I tried uninstalling V4 and it fails too, looking for that .msi file for that release

Any ideas?
hzjpmp

Re: Trying to install V5 - Clearcontext.msi invalid

Postby Scott - CC Support » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:19 pm

It sounds like your installer is corrupted. Follow steps here to remove. If you can't complete one step, move on to the next one.
Scott - CC Support

Re: Trying to install V5 - Clearcontext.msi invalid

Postby hzjpmp » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:08 am

Thanks for this - the problem has been corrected with the instructions ... I noticed Outlook starts and closes much faster now too - not sure if that is because of V5, or because of a lot of old "krud" the process above cleared out, probably BOTH!

Thanks guys for a great product.
hzjpmp

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support