The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Un-highlight an item in the Project Selector when filing

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Un-highlight an item in the Project Selector when filing

Postby Martin Chapman » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:19 am

I am running Windows 7, Office 2007 and CC TWC/MYN V5.1.0.

I am in the process of moving from a multifolder filing system to a single folder filing system.

If I want to file a message in a new folder (in my Processed Mail folder) called for example;
Clear Context
But in my old folder system there is already/was a folder called;
Archive Folders/Old CC Topic Folders/Work/Clear Context

When I type Clear Context into the Project selector it automatically displays and highlights the previous folder name (Archive Folders/Old CC Topic Folders/Work/Clear Context) and if I press "File" it files the message to the old folder (I realise this is correct, and under normal circumstances very useful behaviour).

If, before I press "File" I change "Clear Context" to be "1Clear Context" the suggestion in the box dissapears.

If I then delete the "1" from "1Clear Context" and change it back to "Clear Context" the suggestion (Archive Folders/Old CC Topic Folders/Work/Clear Context) re-appears in the box but it is not highlighted.

If I then press "File" the message gets filed to the new Clear Context folder rather than the suggested folder.

Is there a "clean" way I can make CC not highlight suggestions when filing with previously used names?

Thanks - Martin.
Martin Chapman

Re: Un-highlight an item in the Project Selector when filing

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:28 am

Two suggestions:

1) In the example above, type ClearContext with a space at the end, press backspace and click file.

2) Alternatively, rename cc_user.db and start with a blank project list. This will also clear your past email statistics.
ClearContext Support

Re: Un-highlight an item in the Project Selector when filing

Postby Martin Chapman » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:28 am

Thanks very much for the suggestions.
Have changed the name of the file and reset the history.

Problem solved.

Thanks - Martin.
Martin Chapman

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support