The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Unable to uninstall evaluation version

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Unable to uninstall evaluation version

Postby ddd » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:02 pm

I tried your evaluation version and have decided I don't wish to use your product. I followed your instructions for uninstalling (unchecking ClearContext in the COM Add-in list, then using Add/Remove to remove the program), but ClearContext still appears on my Outlook 2000 toolbar. Please advise how I can completely remove your product from my Outlook program.
ddd

Add/Remove Programs

Postby brad » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:12 pm

You should be logged into the user account that you are uninstalling from - i.e. your user name rather than Administrator.

Restart your machine and go to Add/Remove Programs. If ClearContext is still there try the Add/Remove feature again.

If it is not there, navigate to the following directory and manually delete the ClearContext folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Local Settings\Application Data\ where {USER NAME} is the local user name that you use to log onto the computer.

This should resolve your issue. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support