The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Unread messages not displaying for subfolders in dashboard

Discuss ClearContext AutoFile and the ClearContext Scorecard here. New to ClearContext Online? Start here.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Unread messages not displaying for subfolders in dashboard

Postby matthew.dovey » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:37 am

I've used subfolders in the Autofile folder to help structure things. So my Outlook folder structure looks like:

ClearContext Autofiled
+ Newsletters
++ Newsletter 1
++ Newsletter 2
+ Training

Autofiling works happily with this without problem

When I look at the Dashboard, the subfolders are listed fine, looking like:

Newsletters
Newsletters/Newsletter 1
Newsletters/Newsletter 2
Training

However, unread messages are not being listed in the Dashboard, i.e. if I have unread messages in all four folders listed above, the Dashboard will display them happily for Newsletters and Training, but will claim Newsletters/Newsletter 1 and Newsletters/Newsletter 2 have 0 unread messages.

Is this a bug or intentional?

thanks,

Matthew
matthew.dovey

Re: Unread messages not displaying for subfolders in dashboa

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:24 pm

Originally, in AutoFile prior to version 7, filing was allowed only to folders directly under the ClearContext AutoFiled folder and not sub-folders. When AutoFile was upgraded in v7 to allow other filing conditions, support was expanded to file into any folder. It appears that the capability to file to nested sub-folders under the "ClearContext Autofiled" folder may have been an unintentional capability and that the corresponding unread status in the Dashboard did not also carry over.

We'll log this as an issue and investigate if that sub-folder unread status can be added.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext AutoFile and Scorecard Support