The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

using clear context on two computers

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

using clear context on two computers

Postby gabegenauer » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:43 am

I have been using the trial version of Clear Context on my office desktop computer for a few weeks and like it very much. However, I also work quite a bit from home or on the road on my laptop. I typically connect to my email exchange server through a VPN connection via MS Outlook on my laptop. Can I install Clear Context on both my laptop and office desk top and keep everything synchronized? Can I do this with one license, or would I have to purchase the product twice? Also, is there any way to maintain the functionality of Clear Context through Webmail if a VPN connection is ever unavailable?

My system uses Exchange Server version 2003 and I run Outlook 2007.

Thank you,

Gabe
gabegenauer

Re: using clear context on two computers

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:07 am

The ClearContext license does allow for use on 2 computers accessing the same mail accounts. In an Exchange environment like you are using, the use of multiple computers does work well and most things are automatically synchronized between the the computers.

The only caveats are that there are a few things that run separately per computer:
- Filing/Project suggestions are tracked separately. However once a Project is assigned to an email thread, it is synced on all computers
- Email stats are collected separately
- AutoFile/AutoAssign run on each computer. We would recommend enabling these features only on the one computer you use most to avoid synchronization conflicts.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support