The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Using manager compatible with lotus notes connector?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Using manager compatible with lotus notes connector?

Postby joebongo » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:50 pm

Crashes for me as soon as I start outlook 2003.

Anything I can do? Sounds like a good program to me. Would like to get it going though!

Cheers,

Joe
joebongo

We have not tested with Lotus Connector

Postby brad » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:04 pm

We have not tested this configuration, so at first glance Lotus Connector sounds like the source for your problem. I will be contacting you via private message to gather more detail and see if there's a solution to the issue.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby joebongo » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:18 pm

Great look forward to it.

Joe
joebongo

Lotus Connector is Not Supported in Inbox Manager 1.0.2

Postby brad » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:20 pm

The Domino server will not allow ClearContext to write some of the data that it needs in order to utilize Inbox Manager. The specific crash noted in this post occurs when we attempt to create the ClearContext Topics folder within the Inbox; Notes will not allow subfolders in the inbox. We were able to work around that, but also discovered that we are unable to create a ClearContext Contacts folder and a few other data elements that we need to function correctly.

So, ClearContext Inbox Manager does not currently support the use of Lotus Connector. We will be looking at building support into a future release and will post here when we have a solution.
Brad Meador
brad

Can I please

Postby davekilleen » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:35 am

second my request for this feature.

Many thanks

Dave
davekilleen

Any news

Postby davekilleen » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:51 am

Guys - any thoughts as to how soon you may have a fix for this? Am dying to use your product.

Thanks

Dave
davekilleen

Major Hurdles

Postby brad » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:22 am

We delved into this deeper as we worked on the last release. Unfortunately there are some major hurdles to overcome to get our product working with Lotus Connector. We do not anticipate resolving this issue in the short term.
Brad Meador
brad

How is the status of support outlook connector for Notes

Postby chumanus » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:52 am

Guys,
I would like to know the resolving progress of this issue. I am also the Lotus Notes client user with Outlook Connector, considering buying clearcontext. Does it work now ?
chumanus

Lotus Connector

Postby brad » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:29 pm

Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately, we still do not have a timeline for implementation of support for Lotus Connector. I will post here when that changes.
Brad Meador
brad

Domino Connector Issues & alternate .pst file

Postby hbrooks2 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:45 pm

One of the problems with Notes client/server email is it constantly keep a replicated copy on the server & local client desktop. I typically move mail to a personal .pst file to stay within server space restrictions. Any chance I can use ClearContext on this personal .pst instead of the .pst being used by Domino Connector. I am probably losing some functionality. Is this a workaround?
hbrooks2

Postby brad » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:35 am

I'll start by saying that we still have not built Lotus/Domino support into the product, so any work with this environment is unsupported and untested.

I don't have access to a Domino server at this time to test, so I can't say for certain whether you could hack your way around this or not. However, I suspect the hurdle to this issue is that no matter where you configure CC to look, it will need to access certain pieces of data (including the address book) that reside on the domino server.

ClearContext performs it's functions on the default mailbox where new mail is delivered to. It may be possible to work around by designating your offline PST as your default mailbox and set the "deliver new mail to" option in Tools > E-Mail accounts to deliver there. However, this will likely remove messages from your Domino server as they arrive. Try it at your own risk, but If you decide to check it out, please let me know the results.

Thanks for your interest in the product.
Brad Meador
brad

Status testing with Domino Access for Outlook v 7.0.2

Postby hbrooks2 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:41 am

The install seemd to go fine. Sub- Inbox folders were created and sub-contact folder was created. I Can defer a message and the date subfolder is created and message is later moved back to the inbox. I am filing under personal folder an a personal .pst. The mail order in inbox changes to movign high priority mail form a sender to the top of list when I manually make that sender a higher priority ....

I can create taskes & see histories correctly off filed items...

So looks good so far.

The one area that did not seem to work is the analyze contacts. Came up blank. However if I manually prioritize contacts as I described above, the mail is priotiized accordingly.

Also not sure how to trigerr a contact going into the ClearContext contact subfolder.
hbrooks2

Postby brad » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:55 pm

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that it is working reasonably well for you. I don't think there's much we can do about contact manipulation - ClearContext doesn't know how to access a Lotus address book at this time.
Brad Meador
brad

Domino Access For Outlook & ClearContext.

Postby hbrooks2 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:06 pm

Actually the contacts are local in contacts folder and are not replicated or addressed on the server. So when I open the contacts folder, I can set a priority for a contact by hand. However, when ClearContext scans the .pst accepting mail and all my archived email in other .pst files, it does not pick up any contact hits. I assume I should be seeing contacts it discovered & wants to classify.
hbrooks2

Re: Domino Access For Outlook & ClearContext.

Postby cameroneberry » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:02 pm

I am trying to get this working also. Brad pointed me to this thread. Most functions are work now and I love it. Here is what I have done so far.
--set 'deliver new mail to the following location' = personal folders (Personal.pst)
--oulook connector for domino is still default mail account (/only mail account)
--install CC
--Created a rule to move all mail in the domino inbox to the personal inbox. -- This only seems to run when I select and view the domino inbox.

- Mail transfers from the domino server to the domino inbox on schedule as before.
- messages sent from outlook go to the domino server as before. (not sure why this works but it does... likely because there is no other email accounts)

issues left to resolve.
--new scheduled items go into the personal folders calendar. I would prefer they go into the domino calendar as this is the corp calendar. I can drag them into the domino calender but that is an extra step.

--new email does not get into my personal inbox until I view the domino inbox. (The workaround rule does not get applied until I view the inbox).

other then that I am well on the way to GTD. inbox =6

any ideas???
cameroneberry

Next

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support