ClearContext is not loading or toolbar is missing
1) Check to see if ClearContext is properly installed. Go to your Windows Control Panel, view the Programs section and check if ClearContext is listed under the installed programs. If it is not present, click on any download link on http://www.clearcontext.com to download and install ClearContext.
2) If ClearContext seems to be properly installed, check to see if the ClearContext add-in has been disabled in Outlook:
The most common cause of issues is due to corruption in the mail file, or in the Microsoft Office installation. Please perform the following 2 steps to make sure that Outlook and your mail data are working properly:
- Run Office Diagnostics according to your Outlook version below:
- Outlook 2010/2013/2016 - Open Programs in Windows Control Panel, highlight Office 2010/2013/2016 and click Change/Repair.
- Outlook 2007 - Run Help > Diagnostics from within Outlook.
- Outlook 2003 - Run Help > Detect & Repair from within Outlook. You will likely be asked for your Office installation CD’s.
- Perform Outlook mail file maintenance to check for and repair corruption in your mail file(s).
For expedient resolution of known issues, try all of the below before contacting support:
- Search known issues in our Knowledge Base.
- Search the forums for your specific issue. If you have received an error code or message from Outlook or ClearContext, include it in your search.
- Check Windows Update to install the latest Windows and Office updates. Check that you are running the latest service pack for Office (Office 2003 = SP3, Office 2007 = SP3, Office 2010 = SP2, Office 2013=SP1).
- Check to see if you are running an add-in that is known to cause conflicts with ClearContext.
- Disable all additional Outlook add-ins that you are running. If the problem goes away, add them back one at a time until you identify the source of the conflict. Please post your findings in the forums.
- Run FIXMAPI from your Windows\System folder to repair MAPI corruption in Outlook.
- If on Exchange, enable cached exchange mode:
- Open your accounts list via File > Account Settings > Account Settings (2010/2013/2016), Tools > Account Settings (2007) or Tools > Email Accounts > Next (2003)
- Double-click your Exchange account to open it
- Check "use cached Exchange mode"
- Exit and restart Outlook
- If the problem is at startup, try troubleshooting here.
If the above steps do not solve your problem, please proceed to the following posts: