The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

ClearContext 3.0 Early Access Release is available

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

ClearContext 3.0 Early Access Release is available

Postby brad » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:51 pm

We have posted details about our upcoming IMS 3.0 release and an early access link to the download here.

Most known issues in this release related to the use of Microsoft beta software. The list includes:

In Outlook 2007, if you perform a search on All Mail Items, the ClearContext toolbars become disabled. To re-enable, restart or perform a local folder search, then click on the Inbox.

In Outlook 2007, When launching an item (task or appointment) from an open message, the value for "Original Message" is not populated and sometimes the ActionView icon does not appear.

In Outlook 2007, if you are offline, filing to SharePoint folders using IMS will result in a conflict. The message is sent to the Local Failures folder instead.

Windows Vista users running with Administrator rights with UAC turned off cannot run the software. The only workaround at this time is to turn UAC on or change your user rights to Standard.

In Outlook 2007, message attachments when creating an item appear at the bottom of the message rather than the top.

In Outlook 2007, some recipients using older email clients (Eudora 5 or earlier, some MAC clients) will see winmail.dat attachments on their messages.

Exchange 12 Beta users running online will note that the Defer function is stripping the From field from email. This is not a problem offline or in Cached Exchange Mode.

In Outlook 2007, saving an Inbox view via the ClearContext menu can result in a corrupted characters appearing in Inbox messages. Clicking on another folder and back on the Inbox fixes the view.

In Outlook 2007, the autocomplete function does not work the first time you begin using the Topic drop down in an open item. This behavior is a current limitation of the drop down control in the Outlook 2007 RibbonX UI. In the near term, the first time you use this dialog you must select the drop down list for autocomplete to initialize.

If you are running an earlier version of Office 2007 (Beta 2) you must upgrade to Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh to use IMS 3.0.

When selecting a large number of messages and deleting or issuing the Move to Folder command, Outlook takes a long time to complete the operation, sometimes appearing to hang. This will be fixed in a future release. In the near term, drag messages to the their destination instead of using the Delete or Move to Folder commands.

We will be posting details about the 3.0 release in the coming weeks on our weblog, including information on upgrades and documentation to support our new features.
Last edited by brad on Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad Meador
brad

Install Failure

Postby danielmc » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:46 am

Hey Folks,

I installed the "Early Access Release" today, I'm running Windows Vista RC2 and Office 2007 Tech Refresh.

While the install didn't record any errors the add-in doesn't seem to be running when I open Outlook. If I view the "Com Add-In" I can see that it "did not load. Runtime error".

Any help appreciated.
Daniel
danielmc

Postby brad » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:38 pm

Daniel:

It sounds like you are running into this problem listed above:

Windows Vista users running with Administrator rights with UAC turned off cannot run the software. The only workaround at this time is to turn UAC on or change your user rights to Standard.

The only way around this at this time is to either change your user rights to standard or turn UAC back on.

Please let me know if I can provide further detail.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby brad » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:12 pm

All:

Many of these issues have been resolved by the Offfice 2007 RTM and/or will be resolved in a forthcoming CC maintenance release. An update has been posted in our weblog.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby brad » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:02 pm

v3.0.5 is now available to address most of these known issues. Please see our weblog for more detail and a link to the download.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support