TWC/MYN Users: Start Here

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

TWC/MYN Users: Start Here

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:50 am

Are you using Michael Linenberger's Master Your Now System as described in the Total Workday Control book to get on top of your work day? We have a Master Your Now version of ClearContext Professional that integrates the views from the book into Outlook and configures ClearContext to optimally work with MYN. For more detail, see our MYN/TWC partner page:

http://www.clearcontext.com/partners/twc/

If you have questions about TWC and ClearContext or suggestions for best use, post them here.

Some other MYN/TWC resources:

MYN Home
Sample Chapter
Three Reasons You'll Want This Software
MYN-IMS Software Site

Answers to FAQs:

Installation
If you are switching between the regular version of ClearContext Pro and the MYN version (or vice-versa), you must uninstall from the Windows Control Panel before installing the alternate version.
ClearContext Support

Postby cdkennedy » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:53 am

Other than the pre configured views, are there any functional differences between TWC version and CC 4.0?
Craig Kennedy
cdkennedy

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:41 am

In addition to the 14 pre-configured MYN views (some of which aren't in the book) the product comes with a new TWC default toolbar, TWC view access on the ClearContext menu, welcome and tutorial emails written by Michael Linenberger to help take advantage of the TWC system, and some additional minor enhancements to the look and feel of the product.
ClearContext Support

Dashboard with MYN

Postby djmsalem » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:49 pm

It seems to me that if you use single-folder filing you lose the Dashboard, since it would seem that the Dashboard looks only at the Inbox and the topic folders. Is that not true?

Is there a way to have the Dashboard look for mail items in a processed-mail folder that one would set up?
djmsalem

Postby brad » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:58 pm

That is one of the disadvantages of using single folder filing. There is not a way to re-configure the Dashboard at this time, though in this scenario you can continue to use the Dashboard to track appointments, tasks, and Inbox messages by Topic.
brad

Unclear about the versions of CCIMS-TWC and MYN

Postby snsok » Tue May 27, 2008 8:11 am

I am a registered user of CCIMS and am using the TWC version. My ccims-twc.exe is dated 1/27/2008. "About" shows my version as 4.0.3.

I just got the notice that CCIMS 4.0.7 is available. I don't want to download anything that removes the TWC functionality.

Is the version CCIMS-MYN version available here http://www.michaellinenberger.com/clearcontext.html
a newer version and if so, as CCIMS4 user, do I qualify for an upgrade to it? This page just redirects me to the CC site and offers to download ccims-twc.exe again.

It would be nice if you could include a version number in the filename of your installer file,e.g., ccims-twc407.exe or something like that.

Stan
snsok

Postby brad » Tue May 27, 2008 9:48 am

Uninstall IMS via the Control Panel and reinstall the MYN version to get the latest TWC software to support the book. This is a complimentary upgrade for currently registered v4 customers.
Brad Meador
brad

Re: TWC/MYN Users: Start Here

Postby djblois » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:47 am

Where is the 4.5 version of the TWC edition?
Daniel J Blois
djblois

Postby Scott - CC Support » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:10 am

Grab it via the download link from the TWC partner page.
Scott - CC Support

Postby CraigV » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:20 am

I am a loose follower of the Linenberger MYN methods - his book (2.0 version) is great. Combined with ClearContext, it makes Outlook infinitely more usable and is a vital part of how I remain efficient each day.

I am confused, though, about the "versions" of ClearContext and whether they differ from the version you download from the partner page. Do you maintain both versions and update them simultaneously? I have never downloaded the TWC/MYN versions because I try to keep my ClearContext version the most current (on beta currently). I recommend that you provide some info on that issue on the partner page.

I would also request that the Dashboard tasks and actions list be customizable to Linenberger's recommendations. Group by Priority, descending sort on Start Date.

Thanks, Craig
CraigV

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:16 am

We maintain all versions simultaneously, though we don't provide a partner specific download of beta versions of the product. That said, if you upgrade to beta on a machine that has the TWC version installed, the upgrade will reflect the TWC app.

Thanks for the feedback. We anticipate working with Michael on additional changes to the software in the future release.
ClearContext Support

Postby BMStroh » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:24 am

I've started reading TWC after finding out about it here. Looking at this as someone who is still working through the material, it would seem like a fairly useful feature would be having the option to assign Topic folders, assign Topics using categories, or both. That would seem to accomodate both single-folder and multi-folder filing strategies.

Having the Dashboard work on Categories or Topics would be the next logical step, I suppose.

I know neither of these features is a trivial adjustment from a design and code perspective, however.
BMStroh

Postby Scott - CC Support » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:52 am

Thanks as always for the suggestions. Finder smarter ways to tag and file messages remains on our features wish list and will be investigated for a future release.
Scott - CC Support

Postby npfaffl » Fri May 15, 2009 8:26 am

Three Questions/Suggestions;
1. Is it possible for the CC MYN version's upgrade prompt window/dialog box to link to the correct and most up to date MYN version. When you follow the current upgrade prompt dialog box that pops up, it takes you to the regular CC link. Its very confusing.
2. I have CC MYN 4.5.3 do I have to unintall to upgrade the newest version of CC MYN? And get the correct link from the MYN website, correct? I have performance issues with the CC software with the MYN version on vista with Outlook 07, does this new upgrade help performance enough to make it worth the hassle of uninstall and reinstall to fix the performance issues?
3. Please explain what version numbers count as Beta for MYN?

Thanks
npfaffl

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri May 15, 2009 1:07 pm

Thanks for your feedback.

1. Is it possible for the CC MYN version's upgrade prompt window/dialog box to link to the correct and most up to date MYN version. When you follow the current upgrade prompt dialog box that pops up, it takes you to the regular CC link. Its very confusing.

Technically, the link provided is correct. We use the same version of the installer for all versions of the product, the only difference being the flags set at install. Once the TWC version is installed, upgrades can be performed from any of the download links on the site. We will make this clearer in the next upgrade.

2. I have CC MYN 4.5.3 do I have to unintall to upgrade the newest version of CC MYN? And get the correct link from the MYN website, correct? I have performance issues with the CC software with the MYN version on vista with Outlook 07, does this new upgrade help performance enough to make it worth the hassle of uninstall and reinstall to fix the performance issues?

No uninstall is necessary. Download and install the upgrade to v4.6.4 from any of the download links on the site. Release notes for the changes between v4.6.3 and v4.6.4 are posted here. Troubleshoot performance issues here.

3. Please explain what version numbers count as Beta for MYN?

There is not currently a beta release of the product available. I don't have the beta versions at my fingertips, but v4.6.3 was the first v4.6 production release.

Please let me know if I can provide additional information.
ClearContext Support

Next

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support