The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Outlook for Apple Mac

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Outlook for Apple Mac

Postby 1bullstag » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:54 am

I understand that at some point in 2010 a version of Outlook will be available for the Apple Mac. With this in mind are the CC team looking at producing a Mac version of CC? So many of us are switching to Macs and Outlook with CC would be brilliant. Am currently running Outlook using VMFusion with CC5.02 installed no problems thus far. Thanks 1bullstag
1bullstag

Re: Outlook for Apple Mac

Postby Scott - CC Support » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:40 am

Thanks for the feedback. Though it remains on our long-range roadmap, we have no near term plans to support the Mac version of Outlook.
Scott - CC Support

Postby timlowry » Fri May 07, 2010 8:06 am

I know that the reply was only posted 5 months ago but I wondered if there were any updates on providing a version of CC for new version of Outlook for a Mac? I'm sure I'm not alone in considering jumping ship to Mac from Microsoft - the only thing that is keeping me on a PC, now that a version of Outlook for Mac is coming, is the fabulous CC!! Please please consider setting up CC for Mac. Is there any hope?
timlowry

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri May 07, 2010 8:46 am

Thanks for your interest. We do not have an estimate for building a Mac product at this time.
ClearContext Support

Postby timlowry » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:33 am

That's a real shame....I'll look at using Parrallels on the Mac to keep my Outlook and CC going....I'll remain hopeful though!
timlowry

Postby KeepItFun » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:04 am

How about getting with the program ClearContext, any smart business knows that a successful product is created as a solution when their is a problem.

The problem is many people are requesting a mac version, plus alot of people are converting and purchasing mac nowadays than ever before, mac is getting out here, and you guys have blinkers and not seeing that.

All you say is there is no estimate date to look into this, how about providing a more constructive responce like 'we are currently looking into assiging a mac development team to make a mac version possible'

I'm only replying like this now , cause the same reply form you guys is allways the same and its been like this for a coupleof years now.

Hope to see a mac version soon
KeepItFun

Postby wsturner » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:49 pm

Still Hoping for a Mac Version of Clear Context - This is one of the only things I miss from the PC..
wsturner

Postby mywaza » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:35 am

It has been a year since the last update: Is there a version now for Outlook for MAC?
mywaza

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:02 am

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we will be able to produce a Mac version. We did look into it at one point, but the programming interfaces that allow ClearContext to work with Outlook on the PC are not available on the Outlook for the Mac.
ClearContext Support

Postby zebranky » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:16 am

Hi guys,

I know this is an old thread. However, I see that outlook 2016 is now available. Does this version provide an interface for you to create any plugins?

Cheers,
Brian
zebranky

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:16 pm

Outlook 2016 for Mac didn't change the situation with the interface or APIs. We don't believe that Microsoft will ever add this capability for the Mac software.
ClearContext Support

Postby DaveSampieri » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:12 am

I'm sure it's nowhere near what they claim, but there are now add-ins for Outlook for Mac:

Add-ins for Mac
The Office add-ins that you know and love now work in the Mac Office client applications, like they do on the Windows desktop apps, iPad apps, and online. This enables developers to reach their user base on whatever device they prefer and make the same great experiences available everywhere seamlessly. Watch Sudheer from the engineering team talking about add-ins for Mac at the office dev . office . com / build-videos
DaveSampieri

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:59 pm

Thanks for the heads up. It sounds like they have enabled the web based add-ins for Mac that previously have been available for Outlook on the web and desktop. The integration capabilities are limited compared to the native desktop add-in integration, but we may look into porting a limited number of functions that are practical in the future to a new web based add-in product.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support