The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

GTD USERS: Start Here

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

GTD USERS: Start Here

Postby brad » Mon May 01, 2006 11:55 am

Please view our guide for using ClearContext with GTD:

Using ClearContext IMS Professional for Microsoft Outlook with Getting Things Done

Have more questions/ suggestions? Please post them in this forum and we'll do our best to help out.
Last edited by brad on Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad Meador
brad

download squad review

Postby brad » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:30 pm

Brad Meador
brad

Postby brad » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:27 pm

Brad Meador
brad

Postby brad » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:29 am

Dwayne has posted a four part review of his GTD Odyssey, which includes ClearContext. The series starts here and the use of ClearContext starts on part 2. There's also some good discussion of the TWC system.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby brad » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:13 pm

For those who like to tinker with Outlook views, we have posted information adding the Topic name into custom task views in our User Guide.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby brad » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:46 pm

Jeff Sandquist posts:

"I've recently moved to the ClearContext product from NetCentrics Getting Things Done Add-In. I absolutely love the ClearContext product."
Brad Meador
brad

Postby brad » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:55 pm

Brad Meador
brad

Postby brad » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:59 pm

Brad Meador
brad

Postby brad » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:15 pm

All:

A first draft of our GTD Setup Guide, Using ClearContext IMS Professional for Microsoft Outlook with Getting Things Done, is available for download. Check it out and please post feedback here in the forums.

Thanks!
Brad Meador
brad

Postby cdkennedy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:43 am

Overall I like the GTD white paper. The one quibble I would have is that when you get to the Project Designation section, you are not using GTD-style projects, but rather assigning messages to "Areas of focus" like "Work" "Management" "Prospects".
It raises the question of whether CC is really suitable for managing 50-75 GTD types projects ranging from "Get Tires Changed" to "Reorganize Department".

Personally the one area I have been unable to get CC to work as a GTD tool is in the area of weekly review.
When I use the actionview to see what projects are missing next actions, it shows me all projects, whether completed or not. The only way I can remove a Project (Topic) from actionview when that project is complete, is if I go through and remove the Topic from each of the dependant tasks and appointments. very time consuming. Would love to have some way to solve that issue.
Craig Kennedy
cdkennedy

Postby brad » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:55 pm

Craig:

Thanks for your comments.

The one quibble I would have is that when you get to the Project Designation section, you are not using GTD-style projects, but rather assigning messages to "Areas of focus" like "Work" "Management" "Prospects".

In my zeal to get the paper out I reused a graphic I had made previously for the website in non-GTD context. I think this was a mistake in the graphic, but shouldn't reflect whether or not IMS is suitable for Topic listing. It's my belief that the Topic selector makes IMS perfect for assigning lots of Topics.

Personally the one area I have been unable to get CC to work as a GTD tool is in the area of weekly review.
When I use the actionview to see what projects are missing next actions, it shows me all projects, whether completed or not. The only way I can remove a Project (Topic) from actionview when that project is complete, is if I go through and remove the Topic from each of the dependant tasks and appointments. very time consuming. Would love to have some way to solve that issue.

We plan to address many of these issues in our next major release as we add additional project management capabilities to the application. Watch our weblog for more detail.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby cdkennedy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:20 am

Great to hear Brad! I watch the blog daily, and I can't wait to see what's coming!
Cheers
Craig
Craig Kennedy
cdkennedy

Postby brad » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:42 pm

Ali has posted a GTD-centric review of ClearContext on his blog, Young Turk's Ramble:

http://aliatwork.spaces.live.com/blog/c ... !569.entry
Brad Meador
brad

Postby brad » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:39 pm

A couple of notes:

Steve Hebert has posted his experience applying ClearContext to GTD.

We've updated our product plan here. Per my earlier reply to Craig in this thread, we've got some exciting stuff coming in the realm of personal product management.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby brad » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:42 pm

Craig has posted a review of how he uses IMS v4 to implement his trusted system:

"Recently ClearContext released version 4 of the Information Management System, and with this release I finally uninstalled the Netcentrics add-in and have moved snugly into ClearContext as my sole workflow tool. What finally tipped the scale for me was the introduction of the Dashboard, a central hub where I can view all my appointments, email messages and tasks according to project. This welcome addition was what turns CC into a GTD powerhouse."
Brad Meador
brad

Next

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support