The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Sent items not filing

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Sent items not filing

Postby herstejo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:25 am

Hi, I'm using CC5.4.5 and Outlook 2013, but this behavior was the same on Outlook 2010. My mail is on an Exchange server.

When I view a thread while in my Inbox, and the thread contains items in my sent folder, I cannot file them all to a PST folder using the Thread option - the sent messages remain in the sent folder on the server. When I try to file sent items individually from the conversation view in the inbox, often they remain in the sent folder, while a copy is also filed in the desired folder. As a result, I frequently end up with multiple copies of a message in the folder. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
herstejo

Re: Sent items not filing

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:06 am

Generally, ClearContext can only properly file items from the folder you are viewing. So in the conversation mode, you may see some odd behavior such as you are seeing. This may work a little better in a newer version of ClearContext, but chances are that you will see similar behavior.
ClearContext Support

Postby ryanmccauley » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:46 am

I'm using the newest version of ClearContext (I think - 7.1.1) and this is happening to me as well - when I file a conversation, items from my inbox are filed, but items in my sent mail folder remain in that folder. I recently received a new PC and I don't think this was happening on my old computer - I think sent items were being properly filed there.

Is it possible I've missed a configuration setting during my installation? I went through the options and didn't see anything obvious, but hoping it's right in front of me.

Thanks!
ryanmccauley

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:05 am

This is actually the way that the File Thread and Project functions have always worked. They only file from the folder you are currently viewing, and not from other folders such as the sent mail folder (unless you are filing from that folder).

Perhaps you did not notice before because messages were being filed as you were sending them? While you are composing a message, check that the "File this message" button is selected, and it will default to that setting in the future.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support