The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Paste function pastes ClearContext icon

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Paste function pastes ClearContext icon

Postby grantbowen » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:28 pm

Ever since I installed Clear Context, each time I copy text and try to paste it into an email, it pastes the ClearContext icon (the blue and white envelopes). If I go back to the other document and copy (or cut) a second time and try pasting, it works properly. It doesn't seem to matter what application I copied or cut from. Even copying from another email within Outlook does this

Very strange... and to me a serious and aggravating flaw. Has anyone else seen this?

I am using Outlook 2000 on Exchange 5.5
grantbowen

This is an Office 2000 Specific Issue

Postby brad » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:26 pm

We are sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately, in Office 2000, the clipboard is used to transfer images when a toolbar is opened in a new window. This issue has been noted in Microsoft's own Office 2000 plug-ins and has been addressed and fixed in later versions of Office. The workaround is to open the window you are going to paste into first, then select and copy the text that you want to paste.
Brad Meador
brad

We have fixed this cut and paste problem

Postby brad » Fri May 06, 2005 5:13 pm

I have a maintenance release available that eliminates this Outlook 2000 cut and paste problem. If you are interested in downloading the fix, please contact me directly at brad (at) clearcontext.com. Thanks for your patience on this issue.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support