The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

When I send mails they land in my inbox

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

When I send mails they land in my inbox

Postby T726222 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:48 am

Hi,

When I send my mail, they end up landing in my inbox. Now, I understand that this is happening because the by default project is selected as Inbox(Mailbox-XXXXX).

Initially by default it was set to <<unassigned>>. Now it is not asking me which folder to assign the sent mail to and keeps assigning it to inbox which means it lands back in my inbox.

My settings in ClearContext Options are attached. I would like to revert to the option where it asks me which project to assign the sent mail to when I press send and also presents the default options as "<<unassigned>> selecting which the mail lands in the sent folder
Attachments
Capture.JPG
ClearOption Setting for Project Options
Capture.JPG (57.2 KiB) Viewed 4472 times
T726222

Re: When I send mails they land in my inbox

Postby Scott - CC Support » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:21 am

Do you use more than one email account in Outlook?

By default, CC monitors folders and assigns a project when a message appears there. It ignores special folders in the primary mailbox (Sent, Junk, Inbox, etc.). It sounds like messages are appearing in a secondary Inbox and are being assigned Project corresponding with that folder.

Turn folder monitoring off via ClearContext > Options > Project Options > When messages are moved to a Project
Scott - CC Support

Postby T726222 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:39 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (47.91 KiB) Viewed 4459 times
Hi,

I am just using one one email account. Is there a way to set a dafault project value to something? It was working fine, outlook became very slow, as in when I would click on an email, it would sort of display part of it, freeze, and then show full, I reset views in the options, the the dafault project was inbox..

Also the Message Context ( Conversation) @ the bottom is acting funny. It appears blank, where as it should be showing the past correspondence of that email. I minimize it ( click minus next to Message Context Conversation) and then maximize it again and then it starts showing the past emails exchanged in relation to that email?

Sal

Scott - CC Support wrote:Do you use more than one email account in Outlook?

By default, CC monitors folders and assigns a project when a message appears there. It ignores special folders in the primary mailbox (Sent, Junk, Inbox, etc.). It sounds like mesosages are appearing in a secondary Inbox and are being assigned Project corresponding with that folder.

Turn folder monitoring off via ClearContext > Options > Project Options > When messages are moved to a Project
T726222

Postby Scott - CC Support » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:52 pm

The default project IS unassigned. The problem you are receiving is because something is causing new messages that appear in the Inbox to be assigned an errant project. Try the workaround suggested earlier and see if the issue persists.

It sounds like something strange is happening on your PC. Do these problems persist after a reboot?
Scott - CC Support

Postby T726222 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:10 pm

Will check tomorrow and get back to you ...sleep time here :)

what are your working hours?

Scott - CC Support wrote:The default project IS unassigned. The problem you are receiving is because something is causing new messages that appear in the Inbox to be assigned an errant project. Try the workaround suggested earlier and see if the issue persists.

It sounds like something strange is happening on your PC. Do these problems persist after a reboot?
T726222

Postby T726222 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:13 pm

and can I somehow know via email that I have an answer here instead of checking back intermittently?

Scott - CC Support wrote:The default project IS unassigned. The problem you are receiving is because something is causing
new messages that appear in the Inbox to be assigned an errant project. Try the workaround suggested earlier and see if the issue persists.

T726222

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support